Are you dealing with dry and rough hair? Try this aloe vera and flax seed homemade hair mask for soft and shiny hair that acts as a natural conditioner and keeps your hair hydrated!
Are you tired of trying different conditioners for soft and shiny hair and not getting the results you want? The culprit might be the chemicals present in commercial products, which negatively affect your scalp and hair. In case you are looking for a natural remedy for dry and rough hair, try aloe vera and flaxseed hair mask. Aloe vera is known for its hydrating and soothing properties, and flaxseeds are renowned for promoting hair strength and shine, This hair mask can be a quick solution to get rid of all your hair concerns. Beyond promoting hair growth, this homemade hair mask for soft hair can also make your strands stronger, longer, and healthier.
Dermatologist and social media influencer, Dr Nivedita Dadu shared a quick way to prepare this hair mask with Health Shots.
Benefits of flaxseeds for hair
Flaxseeds are loaded with essential nutrients. Dr Dadu says, “Flaxseeds are known as hydrating agents for the skin, scalp, and hair and are very high in protein and vitamin B.” They have multiple benefits for hair:
- Helps in hair growth
- Hydrates your hair
- Doesn’t strip the scalp of its natural oils
- Strengthens hair, reducing breakage and split ends
- Helps to treat moderate dandruff and itching
- Keeps the hair frizz-free and soft
By providing essential nutrients, flaxseeds help reduce hair shedding as well.
Benefits of aloe vera for hair
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for hair care. Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, it nourishes and hydrates the scalp and hair, promoting hair growth. “Regular application can make hair soft by locking in moisture and enhancing its texture,” explains Dr Dadu. Aloe vera has multiple hair benefits:
- Promotes hair growth by stimulating the production of collagen.
- Moisturises the scalp, preventing dandruff and dryness.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe an irritated scalp.
- Acts as a natural conditioner, leaving hair smooth and shiny.
- Contains antimicrobial properties that can help prevent scalp infection.
Additionally, aloe vera aids in preventing UV damage to the hair, preventing hair breakage and dryness.
Healthshots Inner Circle An exclusive wellness community for women
How to prepare an aloe vera and flaxseed hair mask?
Here’s a simple and quick way to prepare this hair mask at home.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 cup of water
- 2-3 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops of coconut oil
- To make this hair mask, first take a small pan, add some water and flaxseeds, and let it simmer on medium heat.
- Then, stir them frequently to prevent sticking.
- When the consistency of the water turns into a gel, turn off the heat. Let it sit for an hour to cool down.
- Now, add aloe vera and mix well.
- Then pour the gel and liquid into the glass jar after passing them through a cotton cloth.
- Step 1: Dampen your hair with water and section your hair to ensure even application.
- Step 2: Using your fingertips or a brush, apply the DIY hair mask from roots to tips, covering the lengths of your hair.
- Step 3: Give your hair a gentle massage for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation.
- Step 4: Comb through your hair to distribute the mask evenly.
- Step 5: Now, you can either wrap your hair in a warm towel or use a shower cap to cover your hair, leaving the mask on for 20–30 minutes.
- Step 6: Rinse the mask out with lukewarm water. Use the mask once a week.
If you are now interested in trying this homemade hair mask, make sure you do a patch test before applying it all over your scalp and hair.
#Homemade #aloe #vera #flaxseed #hair #mask #soft #hair